AVCJ Southeast Asia Private Markets Outlook 2021 - LPs and Southeast Asia beyond 2021
Expert speakers from international LPs joined AVCJ's Southeast Asia Private Markets Outlook event to share their view on the region and how they see it fitting into their strategy in a post-Covid world.
LPs remained understandably cautious through 2020 and several institutions have changed their investment strategies to focus on assets classes with liquidity options or re- focused on markets closer to home. Whether this will affect the level of interest and allocation to Southeast Asia remains to be seen, as does if the region might become a preferred destination over China and India in the medium-term.
In this live virtual event held on 28 January, our expert speakers discussed their view on the region and how they see it fitting into their strategy in a post-Covid world.
- Serge L. Lépine, Managing Partner, CABOT CAPITAL PARTNERS
- Huai Fong Chew, Regional Lead for the East Asia & the Pacific PE Funds team, INTERNATIONAL FINANCE CORPORATION
- Saifulbahri Hassan, Senior Vice President , KUMPULAN WANG PERSARAAN (DIPERBADANKAN) [“KWAP”]
- Wai Leng Leong, Managing Director, Head of Asia Pacific, CDPQ
- Kelvin Mak-Lui, Director, FUTURE FUND
- Sunil Mishra, Partner, ADAMS STREET PARTNERS