The Chinese private equity and venture capital industry is poised for accelerated growth in 2021. Despite unique challenges in the past year, deal value rose to $97 billion in 2020, and with China leading the world’s post-pandemic rebound, the country’s GPs have gotten to work, fundraising and closing deals that were put on hold early last year. As valuations continue to soar, the risk of geopolitical and regulatory uncertainties are issues that may remain on investors’ minds as they continue to pursue high-quality targets in the region.
Against this compelling backdrop, this webinar aims to provide global industry players with an update of the key trends and best practices being taken by Chinese PE and VC practitioners in this pivotal turning point for the industry. Tune in on the 23rd of June to learn more.
Time to Login to the Virtual Briefing
Chinese Private Equity: the rebound of everything from fundraising to exits
Despite the uncertainties in 2020, Chinese private equity bucked the trend and has gone from strength to strength with Chinese funds targeting record levels of fundraising in 2021, increased investment activity and more liquidity events. Yet despite the bullish macro factors, investors looking to capitalize on the growth will have to pursue specific opportunities, choose the right partners and navigate the landscape. Our panel of seasoned GPs will share their insights and reflect on their strategies in the past year, as well as ponder the opportunities of the future.
- The macro challenges, including geopolitics, regulatory changes and changing economy, and how they affect investor sentiments.
- The top technology sectors attracting interest, including SAAS, e-commerce and more
- Increasing valuations and what this means for deployment- is there too much money chasing deals?
- Exit strategies: A breakthrough year in terms of Chinese IPO exits? Or will other options such as SPACs steal the limelight?
Venture Capital in China: the boom of tech investments
Although deals by Chinese venture capital investors were curtailed in the first half of 2020, the subsequent boom of investment signals a return to normalcy. In March 2021, domestic startups raised over US$11.4 billion. This trend is set to continue as investors pursue high-quality targets in various tech-related sectors, including semiconductors, software, biotech and consumer products, as well as fund investments that tackle carbon neutrality and sustainability. How are the leading VCs investing their capital and what opportunities are still available? Our panel of top-tier investors will take us on a deep dive into venture and growth investments across China and predict what is in store for the rest of the year.
- What are the top sectors for VC investment in China and what emerging investment themes will arise over the next 12 months?
- Growth capital- why more venture investors and buyout GPs are tapping into this fast-growing segment of the industry?
- Have global LPs increased their exposure to Chinese venture capital and did the pandemic alter their strategies?
- What is the exit outlook for Chinese tech companies?
An error occurred trying to play the stream. Please reload the page and try again.Close